My Favorite Places For Recipe Inspiration:
- Bon Appetit: I don’t know where to begin with my BA obsession. Their dishes are DELICIOUS and recipes are very easy to follow!
- Skinny Taste: Because I’m always on a diet…this site has deliciously tasty but low calorie dishes. Though I almost always alter them
- Ina Garten: Her recipes are approachable and delish. My favorite recipe is her baked lemon chicken.
- Food Network: Having editor friends at Food Network turned me onto their site!
- Simply Recipes: A woman who started with a blog to track/document family recipes. Sound familiar? Maybe I can become like her!
My Favorite Food Blogs:
- EATER: All things in the new york food scene
- Grub Street: Great for food gossip
- Food Republic: Love their slideshows & images
- Daily Meal: Great slideshows & recipes
- Tasting Table: I enjoy their chef recipes and sous chef series
Finding a Place to Eat:
- menupages: If you live in NY and don’t know this site you live under a rock
- opentable: go-to for reservations
- Institute of Culinary Education, New York City. If you are a beginner you will love every class. If you are more advanced you need to choose your classes wisely. I like their multi-day skill classes (Like the Master Sauce Class) where you are taught skills. Most of their classes are recipe driven. You will be split into big groups and divide the recipes, so you aren’t trying everything, but you do eat in the end. I prefer hands on.
- The Brooklyn Kitchen, Brooklyn, NY: This is my FAVORITE Cooking School! The classes are all hands on, and are more about skill and technique. I also love that you get to take home what you make/learn. For the Pasta making class, we learned to make our own dough that we got to bring home. But for the lesson, they provided dough. Best of both worlds!
- DeGustibus, New York City, NY: I have been going to DeGustibus with my mom for years. I like to call DeGustibus my “Eating” Classes. They are demonstration classes, not hands-on. Each class is taught by a fabulous chef (famous, lauded, or new chefs) who prepares a 4-6 course tasting meal paired with wine. While the chefs are doing their demo, you have their recipes in hand to ask questions and follow-along. I have met and become friendly over the years and have learned stellar recipes!
Socialize with Me!